Chemical Peels in Philadelphia
Introduction to Chemical Peels
Healthy-looking skin is a click away!
If you’ve been irritated about your skin health, whether from acne scars, wrinkles, or sunspots, chemical peels might be the best procedure for you. At our boutique practice in Bryn Mawr, an affluent neighborhood of Philadelphia, chemical peels are one of our most common non-surgical treatments.
What is a Chemical Peel?
Let’s start with the basics
A chemical peel is a skin-resurfacing procedure that uses a chemical solution to exfoliate the top layer of the epidermis. Chemical peels can improve the appearance of wrinkles, discoloration, and enlarged pores. Our peels are customized to deliver a blend of actives to treat each skin type and concern effectively.
What are the Benefits of Chemical Peels?
- Treating wrinkles caused by age and sun damage
- Chemical peels can also be performed to treat acne
- Remove unwanted spots and freckles caused by pregnancy
Who are the Best Candidates for a Chemical Peel?
The best candidates for chemical peels in Philadelphia are men and women patients interested in improving their skin. The treatment can be done on patients of all ages. The best candidates for the non-invasive procedure have undesired acne or sun damage on their faces. Many of our other candidates want to reduce wrinkles and shrink pores.
What’s the First Step?
If you’re interested in getting chemical peels in Philadelphia, the best first step is to get in touch with us. We’ll want to schedule an appointment for you to come in so we can give you more information about the treatment. If we both feel that this is the best solution for you, we’ll schedule a time for the non-invasive procedure.
We’ll have specific questions on your skin routine, overall health, and medications. Please be open and honest with your answers, as they are designed to ensure we can provide the best service for you.
Chemical Peel Recovery
Bandages should be worn on treated areas following the procedure, and exposure to the sun should be avoided for several months following a chemical peel. Dr. Lohner will schedule follow-up visits in the days following a chemical peel to monitor your condition
What are the Side Effects of a Chemical Peel?
Side effects will vary based on the severity of the chemical peel that is performed:
- Light Chemical Peels – Skin color may temporarily appear lighter or darker than usual.
- Medium Chemical Peels – Skin can sting and appear red, similar to sunburn, tight, and swollen. Cold compresses and protective ointment will comfort the treated area, and we advise you to sleep in a semi-reclined position to reduce swelling. Once swelling decreases, treated skin forms a crust and can darken.
- Deep Chemical Peel – Redness and swelling will be more extreme, with burning and throbbing experienced in treated areas. Eyelids have been known to swell shut, and cysts or white spots can appear for several weeks after treatment.
How much does a Chemical Peel Cost in Philadelphia?
The exact cost of a chemical peel in Philadelphia will depend on the specific needs of each patient. At your initial consultation, we’ll go over the procedure and the costs involved.
Schedule Your Consultation
Our Philadelphia chemical peels patients have been very impressed with the results and have seen a significant difference in the overall health of their skin. If you’d like to learn more or schedule a consultation, please contact us today!